Friday, November 18, 2011

Pork Soda

It's quite likely that I'm not going to be able to make it down to Philly before the end of the year to get a Roast Pork sandwich so I was thrilled to learn that we got a big bunch of broccoli rabe from our farm share. Two words that are as soothing as a children's lullaby: pork sandwich.

I went to the store and got a 5 lb. whole pork shoulder and caked it in a crust of rosemary, garlic and coarse salt. I threw it in the slow cooker with a cup of water for 6 hours and could barely contain my glee. Next, I blanched and sauteed the broccoli rabe with some red pepper flakes, garlic and oil.

The roast was pulled from the cooker and I pulled it off the bone and separated out the fat. Assembled it all on a long roll with some provolone. I ate it watching football and couldn't move. Suffering with comfort!

1 comment: