Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Saigon Shack, New York, NY, USA

This little place in Greenwich Village is pretty good. I got spicy brisket Bahn Mi and it was my kind of sandwich--vinegary with good bread. It actually felt like healthy eating it thanks to the carrots, cilantro and cucumbers in it. Side note: did you know that some people just can't eat cilantro because the flavor is distinctly different for them than for the rest of us? These people say it tastes like soap and/or poison.

Brisket was slightly tough, this being my only complaint.

I took it to go but looked alright for eating on-premises.

$8 for a pretty big sandwich.

Duly noted, Saigon Shack.

2 comments:

  1. Keep eating those sandwiches. I'm cheering you on, kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I just found my new sandwich spot!

    ReplyDelete