Friday, February 26, 2010

Eisenberg's Sandwich Shop, New York, NY, USA

Official
Sultan of Sandwich
This place makes me extremely happy. Sitting on a stool at an old-school counter eating a pastrami sandwich and drinking a Dr. Brown's cherry soda can be summed up in the word 'tranquility'. I have my wife to thank for introducing me to Jewish deli and I'm not sure that this cuisine can be surpassed in its ability to provide comfort and 'good vibes'.

I actually ate here before an interview once, which is not recommended, especially if you're eating pastrami. But I did it anyway because Eisenberg's happened to be near the company and I let the consequences be damned. Employment would just have to wait until another day.

Everyone agrees that Katz's Deli and 2nd Ave Deli offer the best corned beef/pastrami (haven't been to either in years -- admittedly criminal), but if Eisenberg is not an equal it is at least a simpler, less hyped lunch stop that serves. Speaking of, service behind the counter is solid and entertaining.

http://www.eisenbergsnyc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment